Questions to Ask Before I Take Action
- Am I aware there is a problem or risky situation?
- Do I recognize someone needs help?
- Do I see others and myself as part of the solutions?
Questions to Ask During the Situation
- How can I keep myself safe?
- What are my available options?
- Are there others I may call upon for help?
- What are the benefits/costs for taking action?
Decision to Take Action
- When to act?
* Information compiled from Prevention Innovations resources and the Facilitator's Guide, Bringing in the Bystander: A Prevention Workshop for Establishing a Community of Responsibility© (Plante, Banyard, Moynihan & Eckstein, revised 2008). For more information visit the Prevention Innovations website.